Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Cooking for two: easy crock pot chicken recipe

Most of the time I'm cooking for just two people. I've been cooking for a lot of years and I'm pretty tired of it. The thrill is gone, so to speak. I look for tasty and easy recipes, and this one fits the bill.

CROCK POT CHICKEN
4 chicken breasts (frozen is okay)
1 package dry Good Seasons salad dressing mix
1/4 cup of Sherry
1/2 cup of water

1 8 ounce block of cream cheese

Put chicken breasts in the crock pot. Pour sherry and water on. Sprinkle Good Seasons salad dressing all over the chicken breasts. Cook on low setting while you're at work or away playing golf.
When ready to eat, remove breasts and set aside. Cut cream cheese up in squares and melt it in the crock pot. Once it is melted, stir until smooth, then put the chicken breasts back in.

I like the chicken breasts shredded and mixed with the sauce. Rex likes them whole.

Serve over rice or noodles. I like it over steamed broccoli and cauliflower (carb free zone).

Next time I'm going to try adding artichoke hearts and maybe a few sun dried tomatoes. Mushrooms would also be good, or black olives. It's great plain!

No comments: