Friday, August 27, 2010

Day One of Diet and Exercise Plan

Here I am in Yosemite, hiding half of me behind John Muir. Today is the first day of the rest of my life. Heard that before? Well, it is. Today I am starting my training program to climb up Mt. Sinai in January 2011. While in Yosemite this week I started on the "Dan Diet" and lost three pounds. The Dan Diet consists of eating one sensible meal a day, and two snacks consisting of fruit. One day we split a spinach salad for lunch and we also nibbled on pistachios during the day. Thank goodness the Dan Diet also allows red wine or I'd be in big trouble.

Okay, I need to loose some serious lb.'s before this walk up the mountain which is 7,500 feet altitude. My knees and feet are bothering me. It's time. Also, we did some hiking uphill in Yosemite and I got really winded. The altitude was only 5,600 feet where we were hiking. Big wake up call.

Here's the plan: Dan Diet, walking 30 minutes a day (for the dog), and doing serious cardio on the exercycle and the eliptical when it arrives.  I'll keep you'all posted. (You'all primarily being me, since I think I'm probably the only one that reads this. Maybe I should title this blog Dear Diary?)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hope you don't call spinach salad a "sensible meal". I would be thinking more along the line of cheeseburger and fries or pizza!tinaike1