Friday, July 23, 2010

Illegal Immigrants

They invaded my neighborhood this morning. At least 50 of them. Right in my own backyard. In my tree no less! Eating my food that grew in my yard. Who invited them and where'd they come from?


There are lots of rumors about the origin of these invaders. Some say they were released when their prison caught on fire. Others say they were kept by individuals who tired of caring for them and let them loose. Or, they tired of being caged and escaped at the first opportunity. The most common theory is...gasp...they crossed the border from Mexico!

But you know, I don't care how they got here. I'm just glad they're here. I love their bright colors and loud squawking early in the morning and evening. And I delight in the way they talk to each other in their own special language while they're eating the seeds from my tree. Then they fly off in a big group looking for a new place to congregate. They make me happy and add to my day.

I love them. I welcome them. And, I'm granting them amnesty!

No comments: