Saturday, August 8, 2009

MUSE: MIA

My muse is gone. Packed up and left me. Skeedaddled to who knows where? Will my muse return? Is this just a short vacation or have I been dumped for good?

Okay, my writer friends tell me I just need to write. It doesn't matter what. Journal, write on table cloths in restaurants (well maybe not), somewhere, anywhere. Writers write. That's what we do. So here goes.

Maybe my muse left because I don't know what direction to go in? I really enjoyed writing MEDICINAL REMEDIES, LET THEM EAT CAKE, CORNFLOWER BLUE, and my stories for our Kaiser book, CARING: MAKING A DIFFERENCE ONE STORY AT A TIME. I agonized over BLESS US FATHER and haven't gotten it into print yet. So what next?

I think perhaps I need to go in another direction. I don't like formulaic romances though I certainly enjoy romance in my books. I'm not chic litty. I'm not terribly passionate about telling nursing stories. What did I enjoy the most? LET THEM EAT CAKE. I enjoyed researching the history of France and weaving the romance into it. I had the most fun writing that book.

Hey! Maybe I'm getting somewhere. Okay, enough for today. Are you proud of me Terrill?

No comments: