Thursday, August 13, 2009

Posting an entire book on a blog

I'm wondering about posting an entire book on a blog, chapter by chapter. Has it been done? I have a completed manuscript and am thinking about going for it.

I'm working through my block. My muse hasn't found me yet--probably on a prolonged vacation in Tahiti which is one place I would like to be. I'd love to be lounging on the sand, drinking tropical drinks one by one, and bobbing in the water when I get too warm. Maybe some sun-drenched god-like creature would come by every now and then and rub sunscreen into my already roasted skin. Perhaps someone could fan me every now and then, too.

In the meantime, we just returned from the Harbor Mexican Cafe where you can "sit anywhere you like my friends" and I had a couple of glasses of wine and a chicken tostado. I had a hard day with hospice. The 45 year old man is close to dying but still hasn't gone. I let my guard down today and shed some tears while I was visiting. I don't do that too often. I'm supposed to be strong for the family, but I couldn't help it. They're all so wonderful and loving and I feel so bad for them. My next three visits were okay. One of them, an 87 year old lady, I learned is an RN too, and worked for 50 years in a lot of the same hospitals I've worked in. Small world.

Now it's time for me to sign off so I can recoup for tomorrow whatever lies ahead. I'm formulating my next story while I'm driving around during the day.

Muse! Where are you?

No comments: