Sunday, August 9, 2009

Searching for my muse


I ran across this logo from Night Owl Romance. They reviewed my ebook, LET THEM EAT CAKE, and chose it as a top pick. My muse was around then.
During my writing hiatus, I've decided to work full time at my other job as a hospice RN. When I began writing, my plan was to replace nursing with writing. I thought I'd be there by now. Maybe I'm not supposed to replace nursing with anything. Maybe I'm supposed to continue my work as a hospice nurse. I did have a good week last week despite the man that chose to misplace his anger at his wife's illness and take it out on me. Boy did he bend my ear! Oh well, the rest of the folks I saw benefitted from my visits. 1 bad one out of 20 isn't so bad.
Back to finding my muse...my thoughts are turning to historical California. I recently finished a book, CALIFORNIA WOMAN by Donald Knapp, and it was full of history about California. It was such fun to read because I've been to all the places he wrote about. I'm especially drawn to Northern California where my mom lives, near Chico. I guess I'll do some more research and see if my muse finds me.
Enough thoughts for today. I'm going out to float on the pool and meditate.

No comments: