Friday, May 20, 2011

Mom and Me, Going to the OC

This was taken at the Buddhist Temple in La Habra Heights a year or so ago when Mom came for a visit. Tomorrow we're heading for the OC again. Mom doesn't live in the OC, but visits often. This past Wednesday, I drove 500 miles in my rented Impala. I love the drive every now and then. This time I took lots of CD's I hadn't listened to in months, maybe years, and I listened to music all the way. I stopped every 2 hours to stretch my legs, refill the coffee mug, and fill the car gas tank. I left rain in the OC and it was gone by the time I reached Harris Ranch. Blue skys, beautiful mountain views, and acres of crops all around. Gorgeous. I arrive on Wednesday in time to visit with my nephew and brothers. Thursday Mom and I drove to Chico and did a little shopping, lunch, and went to the cemetary outside of Orland to visit Dad's grave. Yes, we boomers do some grave visiting every now and then. Friday we went back to Chico to visit cousin Jennifer, then visited the Glenn Fair. Fun. I visited the animal barns until I'd had enough of cow poop, the we came home to get ready for the trip tomorrow.

It seems so peaceful and quiet here, the birds sing all day long, and I can sit on the porch and pet the stray cats that have taken up residence here. Yet, brother Larry had to go out on a call last night to report on a murder in Hamilton City, just 10 miles away. Not so different from home.

Back to the OC tomorrow. We boomers burn up the highways.

No comments: